Osler chandelier from St George’s Hall

This F & C Osler chandelier was manufactured in 1856 for St George’s Hall, Liverpool. Situated in the Concert Room, which was used regularly for elaborate social events in it prime, the chandelier suffered what was thought to be ‘severe damage’ over the years. Restoration work was undertaken by Wilkinson’s in 2005 and took over a year to complete as many of the pieces were damaged and needed repair or even replacing with items from our own Osler collection, this ensured that the chandelier remained as authentic as possible. After a thorough cleaning, the wiring was inspected and replaced then reinstalled in the Concert Room.