Wilkinson’s have been performing glassware repairs and restoration for 70 years.
Anything from removing a chip in a wine glass to the most complex restoration of a complete chandelier.
Some of the repairs we can carry out are:-
- Removing chips from all kinds of glassware
- Removing stains from glass
- Removing stoppers stuck in decanter necks and fitting new pegs
- Fitting new legs or feet to wine glasses
- Removing bruises from glass paperweights and sculptures
- Repairs can take up to 10 weeks based on the complexity of the repair, however we endeavour to have your pieces completed as soon as possible.
Items with chips in the rim may require grinding down, so the height may be reduced slightly.
Once items have been bonded care will need to be taken when using liquids as they can erode the glue.
We may not be able to repair every item and due to unpredictable nature of glass we cannot guarantee that your items will not break during the repair process.
- We recommend that you contact us for an individual assessment (if you are able to attach images of your items to your emails this will help us with your enquiry).
Miniature Glass Replacement
Using our specialist supplier we are now able to offer replacement glass for portraits and other small objects.
The example seen on the right measures just over 5cm and features convex glass with bevelled edge.
Each piece is different so make sure that you contact us to obtain an individual quotation.